Monday, April 01, 2013

He is Risen Indeed!

We had a great little slumber party with the GRANDS on Friday night. Everyone was a a great mood. We hit The Arches for dinner and let them play for a while. Then we came home and the girls played games on computers. Bella wanted to be the first to use the new shower, but they decided to wait until the morning, so MBH was actually the first to use it. We headed over to JV+KLIK for lunch (they have a local Mexican restaurant close to home. Not Lyndsay's cooking, but tasty), and then MOS (my only son) and I picked up a new battery for his commuter car. It did not fix the problem. Luckily, his neighbor works on cars and diagnosed it as a bad starter. New part ordered via interweb and should be here mid-week. So, he has one of our cars (of course, we still have one of Dad's, so I guess it's only fair).

Today was Easter. Did your church do the "He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!" thing? We did. It was a good service and a good sermon. It was preceded by a good SS lesson. We were talking about Love Your Neighbor as Jesus Loved Us and the material said "Jesus' death is both guilt-bearing and guidance-giving. It is a death that forgives sin and a death that models love. It is the purchase of our life form perishing and the pattern for a life of love."

That was yesterday. Do you know what today is?


And do you know what was happening 40 years ago today? Neither do I, but this photo is from a long time ago. Check out the cool dude in sun glasses. This reminds me of a cologne commercial from the early 80s.


With the shower complete, we are eyeing enclosing part of the garage to make a laundry room. However, we may have waited too long into the warm weather. We'll see. Dad, what if we picked up the portable A/C first and use it to cool the garage while we work?

The other day, I was checking out Facebook (I do that once or thrice a month) and came across the name Icky Twerp. Have you ever heard of it? He was a local TV personality who showed Three Stooges, cartoons, kiddy stuff when I was younger in Dallas. Anyway, his son is working on gathering memorabilia on this website. Check out the photos. Sharp looking dude, right? When I was younger, though, I did not realize that Icky Twerp wasn't his real name.

OK, I have reached the limit of how much I think you want to read in a single day. Thanks for sticking with it.

[Monday update] This bacon-flavored mouthwash is not available in NZ (not that anyone there would want it).

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

hmmm... vague memory of this "gent" as I was a big fan while growing up of the 3-stooges; use to watch them in rooms with a pull down screen on the military bases on Saturdays- they would take my mind away from the chaos I had at home at the time! the long skillet cooking the bacon-my mom used to death while growing up as we had 6 mouths to feed and she would try her best to strreetttcchhh the meals. of course this meal was paired off with the bisquick pancakes to go along with the eggs! well better get to "readin" the other emails.--[ciao]