Thursday, April 04, 2013

When I Start Blabbering, You Start Blubbering

I taught the Study Group again today. The person who was supposed to teach this chapter got too busy at work and has dropped out of the group. Since I taught this chapter in the last group I was part of in 2011, so I volunteered. Unfortunately for the group, they had to deal with another game of Jeopardy since I did it for that lesson, too. Now, I think I have five weeks until my next lesson. I need to use something besides Jeopardy.


This one came from a sticker on a loaf of bread we ate on Easter Sunday. No, ours did not get hot by itself, either.




I debated putting this shot up since it shows so few of us but I noticed a common feature on most of the models. Did you notice? Check out the grimace/smile. I think Dad must have said, "OK, everyone, do your beaver smile."



Speaking of Dad, he has started working on the laundry room enclosure. He tore down an unused shelving unit to make room for the west wall today. Tomorrow, I think he will be...no, I have no idea what the next step is.

What articles do you read first when you surf through Yahoo or any general news site? For me, it is not sports. I do click through to stories involving technology. And in a nod to the fact that I am aging, I also usually read stories relating to retirement (funding, are you ready, where will you retire, etc). And do you have sites that you like to check such as younghouselove or stuckincustoms? Yeah, me, too.

Oh yeah. Nice blindside on Survivor tonight. Those are always fun. I won't say who in case you haven't watched it yet.

Speaking of browsers (well, we were, indirectly), how many tabs do you have open? I just noticed that I have 22 open right now. For example, one of them is an article entitled "Hack Bluetooth into Your Old Car Stereo for Wireless Audio Streaming". Well, I might do that...someday. Two of them are for pinterest. One is for bitstrips, which I use to create Clarity of Vision. You get the picture.

Listen, I have just been blabbering for several paragraphs now. Let's just ignore the bits and bytes I wasted and do something productive today. I may blabber a bit more tomorrow.

[Thursday update] There is a departmental picnic on Friday afternoon. I am sure I will see some people that I have not seen since I came back, but it will be 88-ish by early afternoon, so I will be seeking covered seating more than camaraderie.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

I only have two tabs open. I have to keep my workspace neat and tidy :)

denise tucker said...

I am not as busy as you are, think I have had as many as 10 or so? but NO I didn't have a can of "tab" sitting next to me. did you ever drink this stuff? my mom did in the 70's and she had me hooked on it even when I paired it against dr. pepper/I choose tab! twas in the lovely pink can, which is the 2nd reason I drank it; the 1st reason I liked it was cuz I wanted to be like my mom. my workspace is upstairs away from the tv which could try and distract me along with the 30 year old plus piano. yes I read the labels but some are so small I try and guess, and I usually guess wrong- [later dude, ciao]