Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Learned Colleague

What did you hear in your mind as you read today's title? I am specifically asking about the middle word. How many syllables does it have? In this phrase, it always has two syllables in my mind. lur-ned. I came up with the phrase because I was in training all day, learning a new application for tracking projects.

We got our tax refund this week. I prefer to minimize this amount just so we will have more of it during the year. I did not minimize it as much as in today's CoV.



Things are heating up outside, at least here in the desert. So I decided we needed to revisit cooler times. Here is the castle in Disneyland from 2004. If you have never visited the park during that season, you should try it. It is very lovely.



Do you use any software to manage or manipulate photos? You know, even Ansel Adams did a lot of post-processing on his famous shots. However, I am asking because Adobe has a new version of Lightroom, and you can use it in beta test mode until June. If you want to try it, download it here.

What's on the old telly as I type today? I am watching CBS Sunday Morning, which I recorded...when do you think? Yes, Sunday morning. They are talking about the Kon Tiki. Have you ever heard of it? It is famous, and you can become learned be reading here. I do not have that type of adventurous spirit.

Hmm, it is Wednesday, and you know what that means. If you don't know, then you won't understand when I predict Eddie will be voted off tonight. If you do know, then you will also know that I think I have missed every week except one. So, who knows. I hope the episode is as fun as last week's.

[Thursday update] The streak stays alive. I did not correctly predict who would be voted off. Maybe I'll have better luck next week.

[Thursday thinking] I am in class for 1/2 day today with the training on the new project and time tracking tool, or as I like to call it, the new project and time tracking tool. While the actual material is already familiar from the pre-class video training I watched, the answers to questions and the hands-on nature of the live training makes it worthwhile.

No comments: