Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Easter Leftovers

What constitutes Easter leftovers at your place? Is it hard-boiled eggs? Ham and potato salad? Strawberry and cream cheese salad? What is it? For us, we did not have any kids or GRANDS around, so there are no eggs (hmm. That is not completely true. I do have some Cadbury Eggs). Anyway, we ended up with some leftover ham, potato salad, sweet potato casserole, strawberry cream cheese salad, and red velvet cake. Pretty tasty sounding, huh? Dad actually made most of it. He has hidden talents, right? No, I don't think that means I will have inherited them.

If I were to chart the volume of leftovers from gatherings at the folks, I would still guess that Thanksgiving yields the most, and this is probably #2.

However, if you have any eggs that no one found, it is probably too late to consume them (although you should probably find them before they go really rancid). And if it is hot like here, you'll just find little egg-shaped stains by now.



Do you watch those killer-type movies like Friday 13th? Check out today's family photo. Doesn't the photo framing kind of look like a point-of-view shot just before the killer storms into the campsite? This could be up near Grand Lake, Co, although I am not sure. I am sure it is PB and AB, though, and I believe it is either 1970 and 1971.



On another update regarding things dead, we watched the finale of Season 3 of The Walking Dead. What are we going to do for six months without zombies? It could be a long, dry spell (appropriately, it is coming up on summer).

[Tuesday update] Well, we have been four days with the new shower and no leaks have shown up (that I can tell and I checked all the places we saw evidence last time). I declare it complete. However, with the temps reaching the mid-90s this week, it may be Fall or Winter before I declare the laundry room enclosure complete.

No comments: