Thursday, January 30, 2014

No Songs About Backyards?

I didn't see any, but sometimes, it can be tricky trying to generate a query that hits the things you are seeking exactly. Why does it matter? Well, it doesn't, but the photos today all take place in the backyard of my parent's home in Farmers Branch, TX.

We'll start here with me and my brothers just hanging around. Hey, dickies were popular back then. This site says that they "never go out of style".





















Possibly on the same day as the above photo, my paternal grandparents were visiting and Dad convinced them to pose for a picture.






















On a different day, IT Sis went out back and visited with Preacher Bro's raccoon. Yes, a man of the cloth kept a masked mammal as a pet for a while.


















The fun thing about that backyard was that it went down a long slope to a little creek. We used to play there a lot, and here is Preacher Bro doing exactly that.






















You know what would have made the above photo sequence more fun. A nice accompaniment track of Michael Jackson songs. No? How about a CoV comic containing a butchered MJ song? No? Too bad, that is what you get.






















Once a month, our team at work does some kind of team activity (you can see an example described here and here and the time we went to painting class here). Anyway, yesterday, we went to learn how to roll sushi. Yes, I stayed fairly true to my diet by only making and eating the veggie roll. The only bad part is it uses white rice instead of brown. Still, we had fun and it was certainly a unique outing. It took forever, though, because we had to work around their sushi chef doing regular lunch orders.

Then last night, we grabbed burger with the folks (black bean burger for me). We were over there doing laundry because OUR DRYER STILL DOESN'T WORK. I want to find someone via Craigslist who can come by and work on it. Yes, you know I will keep you informed, whether you want me to or not.

The GRANDS are coming over tomorrow night and staying the whole weekend. We went to the Children's Museum last weekend, so I am not sure hat our plans are, yet. MBH heard them whispering about maybe going to both McD's and Chick-Fil-A during the same visit, so who knows. It will reach 81F today, so I am sure we will be doing some walks.

My fingers need a rest, so I will wrap up this post for now. Y'all have a great Thursday.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Wow. Thanks… for the memories….