Monday, January 13, 2014

What Happened to Slide Shows at Home?

We had a great weekend with the GRANDS. We Had Just Jack for a while as the rest went to Disney on Ice, then all three spent the night. Bonus: They all slept all night. Whoo to the hoo. In fact, we had to wake all but the oldest to get ready for church.

Some of us from the Baby Boomers remember when people would show slides of family and vacations if you went to their house. Nowadays, we carry all the stuff around with us on our phones. In honor of it, though, let's look at some baby photos. We will start with a baby photo of my oldest granddaughter. Wow, she got double mention in today's blog post.


















Here is my baby family 50-some-odd years ago.















And from a vacation only a few years ago, here is baby Batman. No, we didn't know him. I cannot remember if anyone said, "Where does he get those cool diapers?"






















And from when I was a baby comic writer, here is one from mid-year 2009.






















I read recently that binge viewing is a big thing among younger viewers (who is that? anyone under 40?). Anyway, I also saw this link online that says SS and D-I-L have to finish their binge watching of Breaking Bad by November before the spinoff begins.

I found this online. Sure, it looks all pretty and innocent here, but those of us who participated in the Last Dollar Road incident can never forget it. Let's just say it ended with Dad pulling up a sapling and pressing it against the Jeep so we would not slide off the hill. It was immortalized in a family video to the tune of The Beverly Hillbillies theme song. Let's just say that and let it go.


Do you hear what I hear? The end. The end of today's post. Let it bring you goodness and joy. Let it bring you goodness and joy. If you read that correctly, it sounded like the Christmas song. Whether you followed me or not, it is the end. Until next time.

No comments: