Tuesday, January 21, 2014

PMLKDBP (Post-MLK Day Blog Post)

By now, I am sure you noticed that I wasn't around yesterday. Yes, that's true in the sense that we had the day off from work for MLK Day. Now, back at a previous employer, we had to work that day, but they held a series of luncheon meetings with speakers about Equal Rights that we were able to attend. No, I never did, but I was permitted to go. Now, being an education-related company, we take the day off along with federal and state workers. So, I did not take the time to write a blog post.

Today is a different story. We are back at work and hankering to get going. Aren't you? Sure you are.

I did NOT take the time off from eating healthily, though. And to help me, I have engaged my personal chef, my daughter-in-love, LMW. She made black bean salad, a quinoa dish, Cajun squash, vegan corn soup, and black bean veggie stew. Yes, just for me. Well, I offered some to my family who chose burritos over this vegan fare. Can you imagine? Which would YOU have chosen? BTW, of this batch, the stew is my favorite. What will it be next week? Stay tuned.

Apparently, taking the day off from work and from blogging means I did not take the time to choose any photos for you last night. MBH did mention that I need to update the Vacation Photos sidebar on my blog, and that's true. Sorry. Usually, at night, thinking about my blog is not #1 on my hit parade.

My academic counselor at work has been calling asking when (or even, if) I am planning to pursue the MBA that I have been talking to him about. Yes, I need to make my choice on that. After all, the company will pay for it. So, that would eat up some time at home in the evenings for a couple of years.

And my professional certification requires 60 hours of training every three years, so I need to get that going. Part of it can be covered by volunteering with the local PMI chapter, and I know someone who runs one of the training branches, so he is reaching our to me for that. Otherwise, I may have to pay for some of the training, and you know what a tightwad I am.

Did I forget to share a classic CoV with you? No, I did not.






















Right now, I only show one meeting on my calendar, but I know of two others that I need to set up. No one is in yet, though, so I will do some work on the approval decks that I am redesigning. Don't you have something to do, too?

No comments: