Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Did I Not Save It Last Night?

I opened up my Blogger home page this morning and prepared to finish my usually-in-process blog post. I didn't see it on the work computer, so I refreshed the page. That always makes it display. No, wait. I still only see the name of yesterday's post. I thought I had started it last night, but I don't see it. Odd, right? So, this is being written on the fly so I can get Tuesday started. I have two meetings this morning for which I must prepare.

Let's start with Ouray. Hey, any and all family members, contact me or Dad if you can make some time available for a little family reunion up in Colorado. We have begun planning. There are a couple of new things we found in the last couple of years that we expect to share with all of you. Of course, we will also include the standards such as Yankee Boy Basin, Yankee Girl Mine, and Imogene Pass.

I don't have any photos for today, but I do want to mention something about the photo from yesterday of the family trip of my childhood. I reviewed that shot last night and it is taken in front of the oldest house in America. parts of it date back to 1610, making it older than anything in San Augustine, FL. It is in Santa Fe. The next block has changed in the intervening years, so the Shop of the Oldest House no longer exists.

This next CoV is not the oldest comic in the USA, nor even the most iconic, nor the most clever. It is one part of a multi-year attempt to free those crazy thoughts that pass through my mind periodically.






















OK, we learned a couple of things today, and I imagine there is much more I could teach you. However, the average volume level has built around me enough that I know I need to get today underway. See you tomorrow.

No comments: