Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Stinking Washing Machine

Fix-It Father came by yesterday afternoon and helped me with some diagnosis on the ailing clothes washer. Since it does not drain, our first thought was the water pump. OK, I got that off and it looks OK. It is plastic and has only one moving part. Well, it could be the motor that drives the pump, so FF pulled out his voltmeter and checked some stuff. No, that seems OK. The Interweb suggests it could be the solenoid, but that says there would be a hum and we hear nothing. Everything seems to point to some break in the electrical system. As we played with it, FF pulled the knob to start it and IT WORKED. We declared victory and I reassembled the unit. You know where I am going with this, don't you? Yup, once he left, it would not run again. Maybe he can just come over every time we do laundry?

After getting haircuts last night, and playing a little bit with the washer, I pulled some old photos for you. We will start with Stonehenge from 2004.

















From the UK trip, I made a photo book and built the overleaf pages from other shots I did not use on the book. Here is one of the two pages I assembled. Note that there is a photo of the Loo of the Year Award in the middle of the collage. How many of you can say you pottied in the loo of the year? There is also a chewable toothbrush. And the shot of the St. John's Wood tube station is the one you take to go to Abbey Road.

















Have I mentioned before that we are Disneyland people? In the New Orleans Square area, there used to be a cool stairwell that I liked as a photo backdrop. I could not find it the last couple of trips, so I guess they remodeled around it. I did catch this shot back in 2005, though. You can tell it is old because I still had dark hair.

















Have I mentioned that I am a Clarity of Vision person? You can tell it is old because it is the blue-green shapeless people in the comic.






















I liked this article about people who analyzed Monet's paintings to determine exactly when they were painted...down to the minute. So, if he had moved the sun just a little for artistic reasons, I suppose the computer model would have said he painted it on a day after he died. Still, I enjoyed the analysis. And yes, I know the song I linked is not actually saying "Monet, Monet, Monet", but it sounds like it, right?

I did not find any other links to share today. I already posted the photos and CoV. I am not thinking of any additional anecdotes I can share. I had a clever idea to call on family members to comment more frequently and refer to them by airport code (like SHV or DFW), but I cannot find one for a small town in SW NV (even though they did comment yesterday). Still, I wouldn't mind hearing for people.

So, it is time for Tuesday to get underway, so I grant each of you permission to make it a great day. Come back tomorrow, though, OK?

1 comment:

Keith said...

Hey PMB (that's Project Manager Brother), I thought I'd let you know that even when I'm traveling, I still check out your daily blog post. Kim and I are on Camano Island in the Puget Sound right now.
Take a look!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=585225631555723&set=pcb.585225734889046&type=1&theater