Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I Am Not Benjamin Button Nor Dorian Gray

Cue the drums. I am not getting any younger, nor have I stopped aging. Some of you may be surprised, saying "What? You don't look a day over 30." Maybe none of you are saying that. It is true, though. All of us are getting older one day at a time. That even includes our parents. For that reason, I tried to organize a family reunion for this summer up in Ouray, CO. Alas, I could not get it ready for 2014. However, spread the word. We need to make it happen in 2015. I'd really like to get everyone together with the folks while we can still enjoy the visit and everyone is in relatively good health. Do not forget. Summer, 2015.

Did I tell you that I couldn't really sing at the Chorale concert on Sunday. Nope. I would start coughing if I tried to pump out any volume at all. It happened again last night at practice. In everyday conversation, though, I am OK.

I just reminded you that I have Chorale practice on Tuesday nights. As often happens, I get home kind of late and so, no photos today.I think you've seen pretty much everything, though. That's why, in the last few posts, I have been using a different strategy and sharing some based on a common link like date or theme.

You've also seen all of the Clarity of Vision comics I am sharing, too, although it was over four years ago. Let's look back at a Classic Comic.






















I recently made a huuuuge mistake, for more than one reason. I got a Publisher's Clearing House notice about the upcoming annual drawing. In it, they had a URL to respond online. I did so and now, 5-6 emails a day telling me how to get additional entries. So, I have been playing with those each night. I guess we will see late next month if anything helped. And then, emails with pch.com can get sent to the Spam folder until I can shut them off. Until then, though, I will play the odds.

This Muppets Movie clip is only a minute or so long. Go watch it. That's fake tweets about the movie are really funny.

I just looked back through my tell-the-blogosphere notes and do not see anything else queued up, so let's not belabor the point. We've had fun, sure, but all good things must come to an end. Fear not, for I bring you good tidings. I'll be back tomorrow. (Did you see what I did? Tied in a little Scripture to the paragraph. I am sooo clever.)

(Did you see what else I did? I never referenced the names in the title. You'll have to research them yourselves to see what they had to do with the post contents.)

No comments: