Tuesday, January 07, 2014

TGIN

That's right. TGIN. Thank God It's Nyquil. It calms my cough and lets me (and MBH) sleep. Hopefully, I'll get over this last bit and sleep drug-free.

I was looking for what photos I wanted to share today and came across a folder that I call Modified Pictures. Guess what I found in there? Yup. Photos that I had played with using Photoshop or something. So, I had just viewed someone's Yosemite photos on the exposure.so site and felt like this one was a good as any of theirs. It is from that infamous year, 2005.


















And also from that same trip is one of my favorites. I had stayed up on some peak catching the early evening shots and came down to find Dad waiting for me on a bench. I saw the framing around him and asked him to stay still for a few minutes. This is what I saw.






















Sometimes, I like to apply textures so a shot looks reallllly old. I tried that with this shot from 2004.

















Newer than any of today's photos is this classic Clarity of Vision from 2009.






















As of here, you are reading things I wrote on Tuesday morning rather than the Monday night stuff above. Anyway, I heard from Salesman Son that I am being blamed for something. Well, admittedly, I did start it, so I suppose it is justified. I have asked Daughter-in-Love to help prepare some vegan dishes for me (it will save me money from the grocery story and provide them some additional income).So, she purchased one of the dishes I often get and had the family try it. It is a quinoa salad, and they all said it tasted pretty good. Whoo hoo, and funny, too.

On Saturday night, I watched Svengoolie and the movie was King Kong Rises. During the filler vignettes, Svengoolie mentioned the cartoon version of King Kong, and I remembered that. Here is a clip from that program, including the theme song.

Hey, do you have a washing machine at home? I imagine you all do. So, have you ever cleaned it? Where we live, we have pretty hard water. That plus soap can leave a residue on the drum. Use these instructions to clean it occasionally and you (and your clothes, sheets and towels) will be happier.

And with that, it's time to do something else. Hopefully for my wallet, that will mean doing my job, but you never know what I will do. Have a great Tuesday, team.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

since I didn't hear any "wise-cracks" from the tenor section? I assumed you did not attend chorale practice last night...after reading todays blog says you are still sick; I had bronchitis last week and currently have congestion still lingering its way in my head. love the pic's/the washing machine advice? well haven't used bleach in years but sounds like a much needed maintenance to provide free of chrg instead of paying someone...get well soon my "tenor-friend"!!---[ciao]