Thursday, August 01, 2013

She Said Debacle?

We were driving to dinner last night and Teacher Daughter started telling a story from her first day back with students. I was only half listening when I heard her say something was "a debacle." Wait. Did she just use a big word in the correct way? Maybe she is growing up? In her own school days, English was never her strongest subject (she was always much better in math). She later said another word which surprised me, but I don't remember it.

I am getting very nervous as I approach my own decision about diet and health. Truly going vegan will totally disrupt our family dining habits and my own enjoyment of most of our daughter-in-love's cooking. It will also throw a wrench into dining out with the folks, eating on vacation, and snacks at work. What am I thinking?

Here is a view of San Fran's Transamerica Pyramid looks like from the Alamo Square park where the Painted Ladies houses are. That's a nice view, and it is a nice little park.























Yesterday was our monthly team event, and it was "low budget" as we brought in some lunch and watched Brian Regan on DVD. What might a very low-budget event look like? (The title of the comic refers to the dynamics of developing a high-performance team - Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing)













For some reason, it has taken me a while to settle in and complete today's post. Nothing in particular that has slowed me, and I still knocked it out before work, but...just different. Usually, I have so much to say that I purposefully omit some until the next day. And I do have other links I had planned to share, but it took so long just for this. True, I did read some work emails during the same time. Anyway, I will save the links I planned for today until our Friday get-together.

No comments: