Monday, August 19, 2013

50 Degrees of Grey

From the time we left Flagstaff until we got home, just over two hours, the temperature rose 50 degrees. Yeah, that was pretty gross. It certainly made our spirits gray. Luckily, we took a brief detour to see Granite Dells near Prescott. I have seen photos for years, but never taken the time to visit. I will share photos when I upload them.

Did y'all ever take a school field trip to a planetarium? There was a cool one over near Fair Park in Dallas when I was growing up, and I seem to remember going there a bunch of times. I wonder what this next generation thinks of them and their brief shows on the rounded ceiling?













Yeah, that's what I thought they would think.

We heard some fun songs the other night at Black Bart's in Flagstaff. Some songs were the same as our last trip (Step In Time from Mary Poppins) as sung by all the guys, and some were new to the show (Into the Woods from Into the Woods by Sondheim). I had the veggie kabobs and a baked potato and they were pretty good. Seems like MBH had a chicken dish.

We did find a pretty good vegetarian place that we hit twice this weekend; Mountain Oasis. I tried the Pineapple and Tofu Salad and had the Mountain Oasis Thai dish the second time. I don't see that they have a website, so no link for this one. MBH had a wrap one of the times, but I don't find the name in any of the online menus.

We tried to hike on both Saturday and Sunday, but it ended up raining on us both times. So, we hit to the pool and did some aerobics. Hey, did you know that Aerobics was started by a Dallas-based doctor in the 60s?

Six more episodes of Breaking Bad. I cannot imagine any scenario where they let the lead character live, can you? Wow, it is a dark show.

Monday seems to be breaking out all around me, so I reckon I will break with them. We can get back together on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

We went to the planetarium numerous times in school but always one in Richardson not Fair Park. Have you watched any of American Ninja Warrior? They play it here in NZ and we have limited selection so we watch. But my point is...the last few episodes have taken place at Fair Park in Dallas near the main fountain.