Wednesday, August 14, 2013

No, Because I Was Cooking

I will let you know first thing that I did not look through photos last night for inclusion in today's blog posting. When I got home from Chorale practice, MBH and TD were using my computer for something. So, I went to the kitchen and started cooking up a crockpot of vegetable soup. I added some chopped tomatoes and a can of Rotel tomatoes for spice. I started it cooking when I left this morning and we'll see how I did in about 12 hours.

I also did not create a Clarity of Vision comic. Luckily, I had written it back on Monday night, so here it is.























We are going to Z Tejas today for lunch to say goodbye to our summer intern. He has done a good job and we will miss him. Plus, one of the projects he was leading now falls back on me. Oh, well. Anyway, they offer vegetarian lunch salads, entrees and sides. I am thinking either an achiote chopped salad or the grilled veggie platter (you know that the veggies are grilled and not the actual platter, right?).

I imagine that this is a real problem (you'll have to click the link to see what I am talking about), but I am not seeing it around me. I do know that most of the Games Gang here at work has smartphones and digital versions of at least one of our lunchtime games on it. And they do check their email throughout lunch. Hmm.

Now that I am certified, you will see my purple outfit again in a CoV (remember this?), but that is not what I am talking about. I have to obtain 20 additional hours of training in a project management-related topic per year (technically, it is 60 hours in 3 years). Anyway, that is almost 2 hours per month (actually, it is 1.67 hours per month), so I am behind my personal goal. I have signed up for a seminar early in September worth 1 hour. I need to see how the others here at work meet their training goals.

Our local utility company offers a $99 home energy audit to see where the home energy is being wasted. Maybe I should consider that. I heard from one of my Motorola work wives about their new solar system that will have paid for itself in 6-7 years. She said her August electricity bill will be around $105. Ours will be over 3X that amount. No, I am not thinking solar, but it seems a $99 investment could be worth it if we fix something and save $200 a year.

Yes, you are correct. It is that time again. I have enjoyed not actually talking to any of you since we only visit in the digital world (we are not getting addicted, are we?). Regardless, we will digitally interact again soon.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

I read this article earlier this morning before turning to your blog and think I will make an effort to ignore my phone and focus on the people around me more often. Although I am looking forward to getting an iphone again when we return to the states!

http://techland.time.com/2013/08/06/why-the-stop-phubbing-campaign-is-going-viral/