Thursday, August 29, 2013

Another Hump Day Behind Us

We are on the downhill of my first week in this new project. I have two subprojects (we are calling them workstreams) that are fairly simple and one that will be my biggest challenge. That's good, although right now, I am feeling a bit behind the eight ball. So far, I have avoided getting a company cell phone. (Where's he going with this? I though we were talking about projects?) Yesterday, I had a conference call scheduled at 4pm, so I dialed in from home. Nobody was there, so I decided it was later in the week (I am still rearranging my schedule for this project). Anyway, they had changed the time but I didn't know that because I did not login to the work calendar. Oops. I missed the call. I dropped my current supervisor an apologetic note once I found out what happened later last night.

I did a CoV and a photo upload on Wednesday night, but the rest of today's post was written today. Last night, though, I worked on this during BB and Face Off. This morning, as I type, I am looking over the East Valley from my workspace on the 9th floor of a company building.

Once you get started, it is hard not to keep going on and on about the weird names celebrities choose for their children. However, I only have a few panels, so I had to stop.













It is not everyday that you see a scarecrow protecting a field of sunflowers. That is exactly what we saw in Flagstaff a couple of weeks ago. I guess it works, though, since there are so many flowers. Maybe they grow them commercially for the seeds or to make oil or something?






















As I scan the interweb, I will often find something that I want to share with you. Then, on the day I create a new post, I look back through my email and find links or pictures or whatever and add them to that post. Just now, I looked back through my stuff and....nothing. It seems I have posted all the interesting stuff already. So, I guess I've got nothing else for you. Still, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: