Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hey, Don't Mess With My Mine

Do you have anything or any place that you have watched for a long time and you see it gradually falling apart? No, I am not talking about what I see in the mirror every morning, although it does fit my description. No, we have some mine ruins that we visit every time we return to the mountains of southwestern Colorado. This is a photo of Yankee Girl mine from 10/9/12. Yes, NZ Niece, I did take this shot. Next time we are there, I will probably capture the same shots.






















So, are you feeling upbeat about your home? Let's see how it compares to the numbers about female celebrities' homes.

Yes, our team bonding events have a limited budget. Sure, we can pretty much whatever we choose within that financial constraint, Might someone use the activity as a way to make a little money? It's possible.













I am nervous that I am not taking in enough protein. I have a lot of fruit and carrots during the day, but I don't think there is much protein in those. The soup I have been eating for dinner has a bunch of veggies and black beans, so I know I am getting some there. I found some vegan breakfast bread that I have one piece of each day has protein, but I don't know if it is sufficient. One site says I need about 70g per day. Well, a medium apple has 0.5g, a banana has 1.25g, 1 cup of blackberries has 2g, 1 cup of cherries has 1.5g, a cup of grapes has 1g, 1 cup of carrots has 1.2g. A medium baked potato has 4.3g, but how many of those can I eat in one day? I did just finish a nice quinoa (remember that is pronounced keen-wah), which has 18g per cup, so that helped. One cup of black beans (which I have in that soup) contains 13g. I had tofu throughout the weekend, and 1 cup has 20g. Hey, I'm feeling better.

More Obamacare fallout, at UPS this time. It's getting scary, folks.

If you were surfing the interweb and came across a banner claiming liver tumors were removed with an iPad, how would you interpret that? Let me ask that a different way...how do you think I would interpret it? You are correct. My first thought was, "I would prefer they used a scalpel. It's a lot sharper."

I didn't really watch much TV last night because of Chorale practice. We do need to get ahead on DVR usage since the Fall premieres are coming up in early September. I do see that Hollywood Game Night has been renewed for a second season. That's a fun show.


No comments: