Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's Because We Were Grocery Shopping

Even I never know when ideas for this blog will come to me, nor when I will sit down and take the time to compose a post. On Tuesday, I did find time to write the post that night for publishing Wednesday. Wednesday night, though, I did not start today's post. We grabbed some Mediterranean food and then went fruit and veggie shopping. So, we got home a little later than normal and settled in to watch Big Brother and Face-Off. So, what you read is totally fresh stuff, just picked this morning (pretty clever, right? We were shopping for produce and now I make a fresh-picked reference).

Anyway, even though the post is whatever thoughts come to me as I write, today's CoV has actually been ripening on the creative vine for a month or so since before school started.













While the article itself may be new, the data it is sharing has been growing for ten years. Check out this really cool video of 10 years of North American weather.

Do you know anyone who is moving sometime soon? If so, you might remind them that packing and sorting time is a perfect time to update their home inventory. Why is it a good great idea? Read the article, dude. That's why I shared it.

NZ Niece, I want to roast veggies (and chickpeas). I really do. It's just that the house is up near 85F in the early afternoon, so heating the oven would make it even warmer until the A/C comes on at 8pm. Maybe I can get some stuff done on the weekend when we keep the house down around 74F all day. I did buy some quinoa salad and kale salad while we were shopping last night. Today, though, is leftovers from our meal last night. I have half of a lavosh portobello veggie wrap. Sounds good, right? It is.

I am usually reading a book on my Kindle and a different one in print. The point of this paragraph, though, is to say how poorly some of the Kindle stuff is edited or proofread. The one I am reading now has paragraphs weirdly formatted, missing letters at the beginning of some words, chapters that do not begin at the next page, etc. Speaking of Kindle, though, I do not like that I cannot sort my books by any groupings or categories of my own choosing. Kindle also does not give me any details about the books or its metadata. So, if I want to remember what the book is about when I am choosing the next one to read, I have to check amazon.com and read about it. Is the iPad better about that?

As so often happens, I am beginning to hear a few people arriving, so I will leave you to visit with them. Do not feel slighted, though. I did give you some alone time with me before they showed up. Have a groovy day.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

You should try to roast some this weekend! Lately, we are more worried about staying warm with no central heat in the apartment. I have noticed kindle books are poorly edited and hate that you can't see a book's description. My mom and I share an account so she often buys books and I can't tell if I want to read them. It is the same on the iphone and I believe the ipad as well.