Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's a New Team Tuesday

I started working with a new project and a new team Monday. I am not sure what I think about it yet. It seems like they don't really needs PMs and just need project coordinators. However, I will do my best and see what is really involved before I really know what I think. After all, I don't even have full access to the project information yet.

What's on TV as I write this? Cutthroat Kitchen. Have you seen it? We enjoyed it, although it is simply a repackaging of Chopped with added ways to place restrictions on opponents.

Does your company offer any match on your 401K contributions? Mine does, and I always put in at least enough to get their full amount available. Well, this article counsels that you should only put on enough for the match and then put the rest you want to save into a Roth IRA because you can pull from it at retirement tax-free. Yes, tax-free!

I do have full access to recipes and ingredients for a healthy diet. So, I am still eating vegan/vegetarian kind of stuff. So, it is still good food for thought. Get it? Good food?















While we are on the cooking theme, I have a question, and you have to answer truthfully. Do you pay any attention to how you load the cutlery in your dishwasher? We have had the forks up or down discussion in our house. As you can read here, one way is better than the others, plus there are some other cleaning tips. We can all learn something from this.

Do y'all remember that chipmunk video on the internet where the duh-duh-duh music played while he turned and looked sideways the camera? This squirrel outside our room in Flagstaff reminds me of him.

























One other work-related snippet. This new assignment means we work in one building Monday and Friday, and another on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And neither of them is where my normal desk is. So, I need to go find the room where we sit. Yes, that's correct. We are all working around a table and do not have our own work space.

[Tuesday's Tales] Before I go in, though, I've got a dentist checkup. So, for the first time in quite a while, this post is written entirely at home. That means I have he TV on in the background. This morning, it is a local news program. Right now, they are talking about "dudeoir" photos with men posing in sexy ways.

No comments: