Monday, August 05, 2013

Here We Go Again All Over Again

OK, time to crank up the WPM (Walker Prayer Machine) again. Dad is back in the hospital after forgetting yesterday's (Sunday) lunch order while we has placing it, not feeling hungry before eating anything, tiredness, and vomiting. So, we had him transported back to the hospital and he spent the night. A CAT scan shows a new infarction in the brain, but no active bleeding. They will take an MRI today and he will meet with a neurologist. The ER doctor said it could be as simple as aspirin to break up the clot or it could be more serious, but it is not as life-threatening as last visit. We had certainly hoped to go longer before going back to the hospital. In fact, one of the ER nurses said to me, "I remember you. Weren't you here with your Dad not long ago?" That is not something you want a hospital worker to say. Anyway, Tech Sis stayed with Mom last night so she wouldn't be alone.

CPA Cuz, be sure to share this prayer request with the family.

Before that, though, we did have the GRANDS with us Saturday night. We swam over at the folks' house (they have that diving board, remember?) and had pizza and wings. I ate fruits, veggies, and one piece of pizza with no toppings or cheese. The kids were great and we are certainly lucky to get to see them often.

Today (Monday), though, it is back to work, and I am much less excited to get to see them often. I have an initial kickoff for a new project that I inherited when the company pulled another project manager into a special project.

Speaking of work, it must be time for today's Clarity of Vision comic. Yes, really.













Hey, hey, people. Let's lighten the mood a bit, shall we? Check out this parakeet. Typing that reminds me that we had a parakeet for a while when I was younger. I remember that Architect Bro and his buddy Kos called it a chicken. These are the guys that called a donut a doan-blair and a haircut a hair-blair, so they were a bit off.

And take a gander at these "unique" hotels. Have any of you ever stayed at a odd hotel that you want to tell us about? Maybe some of us would want to visit...unless it is in NZ, in which case that might be a bit extreme on our travel time and budget.

Dad's return visit does make me recognize the need to clean up my eating habits to try and stave off this for myself. I had fruits and veggies for lunch yesterday, but then had two pieces of pizza with no toppings and fruit for dinner. The pizza had regular bread crust and I should not have that. Sure, it is better than meat, but that will not help cleanse/heal my body. I want to maybe reach that 3/4 point like NZ Niece and JW.

No gaming this past weekend, but I did play Formula D on Friday. Here's the track we played on. In the photo, you can also see the little gear shift boxes. I really liked this game, but it does take a while. My car broke down, so I ended up fourth out of five.





















I gave you one photo (taken from Boardgamegeek), but none from home. I got home a little late and was not thinking about the blog after spending the afternoon at the ER. Sorry.

OK, I need to clean up my presentation for later. I will let you know what the doctor says about Dad in my next blog (most likely tomorrow). Keep praying.

1 comment:

Lewis said...

I'm on it. Check with you in a couple of days if I don't hear anything from you.