Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Your Weekly Fill of Profanity

I got my weekly dose of profanity last night when I watched Hell's Kitchen. Now, it's your turn.

Today, I need to work on some training material to teach how to track budgets in our project tracking tool. I think I know how. I used to. So, first, I'd better make sure it still functions the same way, and then build the slides to train the teams.

I am also working on a little Visual Basic to dynamically generate some charts from Excel. Nice, huh? Dynamic? Doesn't that just sound impressive? Basic, though. That just sounds...well..basic. We will create the report in Crystal Reports later.

OK, enough work talk. Did you see the R&D photos of NZ in LWW's blog? Did I include enough initials in that sentence? Anyway, go check them out. She probably posted several of them in Facebook, but I rarely check that. I'm just excited that someone still blogs.

The chicken and veggies dish was a little too bland last night. I ended up drowning each bite in spices and it made it palatable. I brought some for lunch today and also brought the spice bottle. And I think I overcooked the noodles, too. Lynds, I may give up my dream of becoming a famous chef and working for Gordon Ramsay.

Lewis, I have not heard from you in a while. What's cooking over in Shreveport?

OK, enough non-work talk. Let's get today started.

4 comments:

Lewis said...

Busy last couple of weeks for me. I am working on some income and estate tax stuff for my boss. I have been living with my Mother for about a month now to help her recuperate from a fall and to not have to hire someone to be around at night. Consequently, I don't have internet service at night (she is not really into facebook). On the actual food front, I had some fried frog legs that my friend cooked last weekend. No, we did not catch them - probably came from China. I bet you have not had that in a while, if ever.

Lindsay Ward said...

So you only commented on one of my new posts. I will take that to mean you didn't read the first one :) I really want to keep up with the blog the whole time here in NZ b/c I would like to have it all documented. I had a dinner fail last night in the way of we could not tell if our chicken thighs were cooked through or not so we didn't eat them and basically had rice and sauce for dinner.

CrazyUncle said...

OK, Lindsay. Comment added.

denise tucker said...

hmmm...did you wear the "white-straight jacket" like the chef? i bet there were taste samplers secretly hidden in the pantry that did NOT give you a very high score.. better luck next time, hope you didnt speak in tongues like chef ramsey? i would hate to be in his household, nor would i even want to boil a pot of water-he would tell me i chose the wrong size for the amount of water, or i would of been better off just staying with the little less dangerous famous piece of cookware...what is do you wonder? the "the crockpot" of course. this is more my style since i wont catch the kitchen of fire, nor would the fire alarms go off in the house; wait....i only have 1 and its upstairs with no battery in it! its on my list of 15 things that need to be done in this over 30 something house. well better run, as i have to continue the quest with this electronic device to verify i am still reading some peoples blogs, notes as well as jokes at times...[chow-