Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Being Bad in Badminton and Being Direct in Directing

Last night, as usual on Tuesdays, was Chorale practice. What was less than usual was the fact that our family made up about 15% of the group. Right now, Preacher Bro is in town with his better half and two halflings. So, counting myself and the folks, there were seven of us out of around 40 singers. And then, I directed one song, which is always fun. I think a good time was had by all.

And then, this morning, controversy in London erupts as several teams are disqualified for throwing a match in Olympics badminton so they could move up in the round robin tournament. That deserves some comment in today's CoV.

You know what? I am just going to have to meet the bathroom remodel contractor at a store and let him help me make the final choices. I am really stuck in getting our design completed and today is the first day of school, so all of us are sharing the one shower.

So, as I noted, K&A both have their first day with kids at school today. You can keep them in your prayers and I know they will both be exhausted at the end of the day. Luckily, we are meeting family at Fuddrucker's, so that'll be a nice ending to a long day.

We got K's car fixed a few weeks ago and it looks like something was not fixed correctly, so back we go. Don't you hate that? Thanks to Dad for the loan of one of his cars so we can leave K's Cavalier for a day or so.

Hey, you! In the back! I see your eyes glazing over. I guess I have been talking too much, huh? All right, we'll stop for now. I'll be here tomorrow. Will you?

No comments: