Friday, August 17, 2012

Still I Wonder, 'Who'll Stop the Rain?'

It is raining this morning. It brought to mind the Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Who'll Stop the Rain?" However, it is good for the region to get these monsoon rains since we are so dry otherwise. On my commute this morning, it almost got me in an accident, though. I was on a flyover transitioning from one freeway to another when the car in front of my braked and swerved. Luckily, a) we were both going slower than normal due to the rain, and b) no one was beside him. I braked as much as I could without losing traction and the car moved around another that was facing in my direction. He must have spun out earlier. There was a car beside me and I could not stop in time, so I split the difference between the two cars and just made it. My heart was beating a mile a minute, but we were not driving that fast, so it all worked out.

That car pointing at me in my lane was an eyeful, but here's another.

No big plans that I know of for the weekend. We are not living in a cool place like NZ with new sights and gorgeous mountains and fall weather. At least is will be below normal in temps, but it will also be raining. We do have a pair of East Valley Chorale concerts on Sunday, so lunch will be somewhat hurried. Oh well, that's part of this ministry.

Only one scheduled meeting today. That doesn't mean I will only have one meeting though. You know how it is.

Did you see Lindsay's response to yesterday post? All she gets as snacks from the company is coffee, tea and different milks. Different milks? What, like white and chocolate and strawberry, or more like whole, 2% and non-fat, or maybe cow and goat and badger, or maybe hot and cold and room temp?

It's Friday. Let's pretend to work for a few hours and go catch a movie later, huh? Actually, I don't even know what is showing right now. Our local cheap theater ($3 tickets) is still showing Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, Snow White and the Huntsman, MIB3, and Hunger Games. OK, I checked our usual theater and see that Bourne Legacy, The Campaign and Dark Knight Rises are showing. And K might like to see Hope Springs. Maybe we'll do that in the morning. I say maybe.

OK, Friday has to end before any of that starts. I'm leaving you so I can leave here in a while. Bye.

No comments: