Friday, August 24, 2012

It's like the Tides

Is a rising tide good or bad? What about when it falls? If you saw that the CBR was 1.12, would you think that was good or bad? As I was thinking about a comic for today, I came to the same conclusion. You need more info than just a number. However, that doesn't mean Mr. Blue cannot use corporate metrics to guide his team.
Usually, I don't tell this blog the details about what drove me to create a given CoV. I leave that to my other blog. However, I came up with "It's Like the Tides" for today's title and decided I would explain it a bit.

Isn't weather funny? It was pouring when I left the house, but within two miles, there was no rain and the sun was shining. Of course, by "funny," I meant odd as opposed to chortle-worthy. I brought my umbrella, just in case, which means it will be clear and dry by the time I leave.

Did y'all watch the show Trust Us With Your Life? I think it has already been canceled (technically, it has been put on hiatus). It was an improv show with Fred Willard as MC and Colin Mochry and Wayne Brady as two of the participants. Anyway, there were a couple of segments that I really enjoyed that I had not seen before. One was Face the Music, where the guest would not be able to hear a song played as a cast member acted it out (in weird ways, of course). We started muting our TV and trying to guess it ourselves, then replaying it listening and seeing how we did. Alison actually guessed one of them. I did not.

Another fun segment was Sideways Scene where the actors were actually laying on a mat, but it was projected to look as if they were standing. So, it was possible for them to "fly" over each other, maybe looking like they were in Crouching Dragon, Hidden Tiger or something. I thought it was clever and fun.

We have Molly this weekend, which means we are in for a bark-fest. Morris always barks more when she visits (and he barks a lot anyway). She does not normally bark, but Morris gets her going, too, which amps him up even more.

Are you as tired of reading this as I am of writing it? I'll be back on Monday with more to say, so maybe you will have recovered and be ready to read again by then. See you in a couple of days.

No comments: