Thursday, August 02, 2012

The Hurrier I Go,...

the Behinder I get. That good news, though, right? It means I still have a job and people looking to me for information. So, let's get this post finished so I can finish yesterday's assignment and get going to today's.

We met KKCL for dinner last night at Fuddruckers and they gave me no small amount of grief for ordering a veggie burger. C went so far as to say that should not even be classified as a burger. He also asked if I would put lettuce and tomato and pickles on it, thereby adding more veggies to my veggie burger and should it now be called a double veggie burger. Is this a case of "You reap what you sow?"

From the book of Pahrump, Chapter 6, we read:
1. And Preacher Great Grandfather Singleton begat Organist Neen and his days were 80 years and change.
2. And Organist Neen begat Artist Mom and her days were 80 plus years.
3. And Artist Mom begat Preacher Bro, who begat Preacher-elect Nephew, and there was mild rejoicing.

This morning, I saw an ad on TV for a local vision correction company, but I wanted to do a work-related comic. This is what I ended up with.

Pahrump 3:7 And Preacher Bro said, "Lo. What doth hinder me from moving South of town into my own abode?" And there was a smidgen of rejoicing.

There is a contractor who periodically works out of our building. I only know him because he says hello each day, He arrives before most folks and I am one of the 2-3 that are in the building at the time (as you might guess, he came in a few minutes ago). I mention this because he bring donuts and offers me one. I have to take one. It is common courtesy. Wouldn't you?

I said that I had a whole lot to do this morning so I could not stay long in Blogville. And yet, I am still here. Which of course, reminds me of another verse. Pahrump 8:23b "...and there was great rejoicing."

K&A were quite tired after their first day of school yesterday. Enrollment is not ramping up very quickly at A's school, so she fears staff right-sizing may occur. I hope she is not affected. K's school is doing OK, and she has about 24 students right now.

Whatever else I may have to say can wait. We all need to get busy (or at least look busy. Am I right? Can I get an Amen?).

OK, I finished my glazed chocolate cake donut. I can now type without fear of donuting my keyboard. I am going to work now.

No comments: