Monday, August 27, 2012

It Was Pretty Quiet Here

No hurricanes rolled in. Only one hour with the GRANDS. No Chorale concert. No profanity on TV (Hell's Kitchen tapes tonight). The temps in the low 100s. We did see a movie whose ending made me upset (Bourne Legacy - what an obvious sequel ending since the story lines were not finished), although I enjoyed the movie up until then.

It was the kind of weekend you might have spent back in the good old days.

Just over two months left before the elections. Aren't you ready for the campaign rhetoric to end? How can they find so much mud to sling? Even the regional campaigns (senate, mayors, etc) are messy. I guess I won't run for office. I am sure they could use almost any of my Clarity of Vision comics to show bias or that I am crazy as a loon.

I think we are going to see Aztec National Monument in the fall. Have you been there? The photos online do not look familiar, so I am not sure I have. We have to wait until we are 62 before we can get a Senior Pass for the parks and monuments. I'll be so old by then I will probably forget to get one.

OK, we've had some fun and we've had some laughs. Now. let's stop all of that and get to work (at least until we are 62 and can purchase a Senior Pass for the national parks). See you soon.

No comments: