Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Needs More Profanity

Had Gordon Ramsey been part of the classic Saturday Night Live skit with Will Farrell and Blue Oyster Cult, the phrase may have become "Needs more profanity" rather than :Needs more cowbell." OK, maybe not, but Hell's Kitchen certainly contains more profanity per minute than anything else on prime time TV. I think it must even be part of the contract the contestants sign.

Today's commute was fairly easy. Not much congestion. No accidents. Still, I was running a few minutes late, so what could I do to reduce my getting ready time in the mornings?
The COV title includes Flowbee because I ran out of room in the comic. Do you remember the Flowbee for giving yourself haircuts? Check it out here.

Did you notice a 10-minute gap between the last sentence and this one? I got pulled away by a business call. What is up with that? It is way too early to think.

It seems school must be settling in. I am not hearing as much classroom chatter as I did for the last two weeks. So, if any government agency is listening to our calls for classroom chatter, they must be sorely disappointed.

We had some lightning and thunder pass through last night, but it did not give us any rain. The dog gets very nervous when he hears thunder, so that's the only reason I know it happened. There is a chance of rain during the weekend, so that's good. We will actually move below 110°F by then.

My mind keeps drifting back to that business call, so I'm going to go ahead and take action on the problem. You've heard enough from me today anyway.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

One thing we cannot get used to is that NZ does not bleep out any profanity. So when we watch something like Hell's Kitchen, we get it full on!