Thursday, August 09, 2012

Man, It's a Hot One, Like Seven Inches From the Midday Sun

You can imagine why the lyrics to Santana's song, Smooth, come to mind these days. It is a hot one, and not only one. We are staying at 113°F for the rest of the workweek. And every afternoon at 3pm, teachers at my wife's school stand outside with their students waiting on parents. That does not sound like fun. So, why do we start school during this hot, humid month? I don't know. Back in the day (I am old enough to say that now and really mean it), we didn't go back until around Labor Day. I am also old enough to remember when they would say no white after Labor Day. No, that has nothing to do with this post. It is just a Labor Day-related factoid.

One thing that I do know is that we all wish we could be as effective and, dare I say it, as cool as Ninja PM.

Hey, do I have any readers who might appreciate a good accountant-related joke? If so, take a moment to look here and enjoy.

Do I have any readers who might appreciate preacher-related jokes? Well, I cannot help you. They have no sense of humor.

I have to go home during lunch to meet an electric company person to review setting on the new pool pump. Since the pool company got some rebate when they installed my energy efficient pump, the electric company checks to make sure it is set to minimize usage while still being effective on the pool. That bad thing is that means I will lose my covered parking. NOOOO. The car is too stinkin' hot then for my commute home.

OK, enough humor and frivolity and jocularity. Let's get our Thursday started.

2 comments:

Keith said...

No sense of humor!? No sense of humor!!?? You'd better watch your back, tough boy! As the Ninja Preacher said, I baptized three people today.... And two of them never even saw me coming! ...I'm just sayin'.

Lewis said...

Hey, I thought the accountant jokes were hilarious! I even sent them to all of my co-workers. The general consensus is that they are not at all funny and I am still an accounting nerd. Thanks! I don't even care because I know I am looking cool today. I brought my lunch in my new ninja lunchbox.