Wednesday, August 29, 2012

No Disrespect Intended

I really don't. And changing one letter in one word from his famous quote is merely for purposes of enabling a gag in today's CoV.
It still is amazing what the US was able to do in nine years after the challenge from President Kennedy.

It is also amazing that people keep living in hurricane-prone areas. Of course, the flip side of that statement is that people also stay in oppressively hot desert locales, too. And others live in the north where snow blankets the area for months at a time. I guess we all have our own weather extremes to, um, well, weather. Still, right now, I feel for those taking the brunt of Himicane Isaac near New Orleans, and of course, my kinfolk in Baton Rouge and Jena.

I've got a pile of things needing my attention today. Does that happen for you? A light day is followed by one during which you are swamped with work? Anyway, I've got a meeting at 9am for which I needed to generate the Powerpoint deck.

Well, as former NJ Governor Thomas Kean once said, "Everybody's got oxen to grind." That means I need to go. Oh, wait. One more. As Rep. Jim Leach of Iowa said during a debate about sending troops to the Persian Gulf, "Anxietyship is no substitute for leadership." I don't think you can argue with either of those. TTFN.

No comments: