Thursday, August 16, 2012

We're Burning Daylight

Yup, I have no excuse for letting so much time go by with us all using a single shower. So, I will really finalize my design, check that we have all materials identified, and ask for an updated quote from the remodeler. I also need to get my camera and lenses cleaned before Fall Break. So, John Wayne's quote from The Cowboys is an apropos title for today. Did someone say "You're short on ears and long on mouth?" That is a classic John Wayne quote, but I don't appreciate what you're implying.

Yesterday would have been apropos for today's CoV, but I wanted to get the final Olympics comic out within a few days of the actual close, so this waited until today.
Did someone say "This is my favorite part of the day?" No, I didn't think so.

The candy tray from yesterday was empty by 2pm (and I put it out at 8:30am). I am debating whether to refill it today or not. I am running low on some of the items, so we will see if this little benefit continues as we tighten our fiscal belt. So, the company provides some candy, water, coffee and tea. Did someone say "Wow. You're lucky?" In some ways, that's true. What does your company provide as a snack?

It looks like we will publish our Red/Yellow report this morning instead of last night. We had to regenerate the numbers yesterday afternoon to ensure we reflect the most recent updates from the project managers. My partner on this task will be on vacation in two weeks, so I will have to create the next update by myself. Did I hear someone say, "Poor baby?" Thank you. That is the appropriate response.

My pool is looking a little dirty after the recent monsoon and dust storms. I'll need to do some work on it this weekend. However, I hear that mud baths are popular at the spa. Maybe I should wait just a few more days and see if that's what the pool becomes? Did someone say "Amen?" Must have been dreaming.

OK, I know I heard someone say "That's too much to read?" Yes, I thought so. I will not write another thing until someone says "Don't quit now."

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Here is Auckland EY provides a very nice coffee machine and all kinds of milk plus tea. We also get fruit two times a week. In Dallas, we got Flavia coffee and tea but the real perk was 25 cent cokes in the vending machine. I have been to some clients though that have it sweet. One provided all kinds of snacks, fruit, and drinks. Of course I have been to other clients (Zales) that provide nothing...no cups, forks, napkins, or even filtered water or ice. Obviously this is a topic I am passionate about :)