Wednesday, August 15, 2012

If You Don't Like It, You Can Lump It

Why did I think of that phrase right now? I have no idea. However, I did find that it has been around since at least the early 1800's and maybe much longer. Lump, of course, meant 'to look sulky or disagreeable' as far back as the 16th century. OK, enough etymology. Let's not make up our own words.

Or maybe we should. At least, I will in today's CoV.
Writing this comic reminded me of riding in a car with some friends in Austin when this movie was first released. We saw a bunch of helicopters flying in formation from Bergstrom AFB and I quipped, "Hey, look. It's Apocal-Austin Now." We had a big laugh and I forgot about it until just now.

When a member of our team left a couple of months ago, I became the keeper of the key to the candy drawer. Once or twice a week, I put out a few snacks for the people in my area. As you can imagine, the tray is quickly emptied each time I refill it. Sometimes, my team fusses at me because the other areas eat it before they arrive. So, at the moment, there is a tray filled with candy sitting on my desk before I put it out. Luckily, not much of it tempts me although there is quite the variety. Smoked almonds, mini-Milky Ways and Snickers and 3 Musketeers and Butterfingers. Reeses, Lemon heads, LaffyTaffy, Sweetarts. Mini-Hersheys.

We've got a report about projects that have troubles or delays (which means their current status is flagged as Red or Yellow) that must be published this morning. So, I need to generate the presentation while I wait on the PMs to give me the details. So, I've said too much. I haven't said enough. And most of you know what that means. I'm Losing My Religion. Well, That's what the singing group REM says.

No comments: