Thursday, June 28, 2012

Keep On Keeping On

That is exactly what Mom is doing. Her recovery seems nothing short of miraculous. She is walking so well that we are considering our annual Fall trip, which I had given up as impossible. Let's all keep praying that this healing will continue.

While we were at the hospital with Mom, no one ever said "Don't have a cow" while we worried over the surgery and then the recovery. They could have, though. Of course, what would I have done BFF, my Bovine Fine Friend?

JV+KLIK came over for a swim and dinner last night. And G+G (Grandmom and Granddad) came by for a while, too. We all had a great visit. The pool is a little to warm, so I need to remember to turn on the aerator tonight to cool it a bit. No wonder, since we should reach 112° or 113° today.

My cardiologist said I am taking care of myself right now and does not need to see me for 12 months. Whoo hoo. That's good news.

As you can imagine, the news media is predicting dire things in AZ after the SCOTUS (Supreme Court) upheld parts of SB1070, the immigration reform law. Yeah, there is certainly the opportunity for profiling, but I expect the police to be careful to avoid lawsuits. And today, SCOTUS will be ruling on Obamacare. I think they will rule that parts of are unconstitutional. Does anyone remember the drama about SCOTUS called First Monday starring Joe Mantegna? I liked it. I thought they had some interesting discussions about the actual issues and (probably) the backstage drama around releasing a ruling.

OK, enough fun. It's time to work. Yes, even you retirees that are building me a wall for enclosing the laundry area. We can discuss SCOTUS and POTUS and anything else OTUS you want tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

I feel like you called my out on my blog for not commenting on yours enough! I just feel so inadequate next to your always witty comments! I will say my Dad was confused on how I knew so much about the goings ons with the Phoenix fam :)