Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How Hot Is It?

It seems to be a sweltering summer this year across the country. The desert Southwest does not have a mono[poly on discomfort, even if it IS a dry heat. So, I wondered about the consequences if the forecaster accidentally added an extra digit to the forecasted high for the day.



Well, it's not that hot, but I see even Dallas and its higher humidity will be up around 105° today. Whew!

My vertigo did not return yesterday, so I am thankful for that. I don't know what caused it on Saturday, but whatever it is, I won't do it again.

We watched Hell's Kitchen last night because I had not yet reached my weekly quota of swear words. I have now already exceeded it. Speaking of which, did you hear about the new law in Middleborough, MA, outlawing swear words? I considered a CoV today that would highlight a neighboring town that would require every sentence to contain a swear word just to balance the average profanity level of the state. What do you think? Does that sound kinda funny?

How can people drink coffee right now? Doesn't that make them even warmer? I remember a friend in Malaysia saying you should drink hot beverages to cool off because the drink would warm you up and the sweat would then make you feel cooler. I did not agree and now, it seems I may have been right.

I did not talk to Mom yesterday. My bad.

Guess what? My self-assigned time limit for my daily post has run out. that's right. the meter shows no time left and I do not have any more self-assigned quarters. So, I will drive off and leave you behind to save my place until tomorrow. L8r.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Your COV idea sounds like an episode of the Simpsons with Shelbyville. I hate to brag but it is 58 in Auckland today and I can say that even though it is winter b/c I am pretty sure it never gets anywhere near 105 even in the summer :)