Monday, June 04, 2012

Almost A Birthday

My daughter-in-law gave my wife a birthday card this weekend based on my CoV strip. The birthday is actually tomorrow, but the get-together was Saturday afternoon. The card was funny and included a number of my wife's famous funny comments. I would have shared that actual strip, but it is only funny within the family where we remember when some of the events occurred. So, instead, I decided to thank my D-I-L with a strip about creating the CoV-based card.

You know, getting up early for work seems a lot harder when everyone else in the household is a teacher and is sleeping in during the summer. Today, though, the dog needed to go out just around normal getting-up time, so it made it a little easier.

This stinking cough and congestion just will not let me go. True, there is still a lot of airborne pollution, but I just don't know what is going on. Even so, we have a Chorale concert tomorrow night, so I will go and see if I can sing. "Doctor, will I be able to sing? Yes, you should. That's great. I never could sing before." Ha ha.

We are enjoying our salt-water pool a lot. It does somehow seem nicer without the more heavily chlorinated smell of a normal pool. We did not get in last night, though. But every other night since last Thursday, we have enjoyed it.

Of course, on Mondays, I have an information package I have to prepare, so I will get a jump on that. Then maybe tonight, I'll get a jump in my pool. Ha ha. Clever the way I tied jump in the earlier sentence to jump in the pool? Maybe I can put that in a CoV and be as funny as Lyndsay? No, probably not. Anyway, we'll visit again on my wife's b-day.

No comments: