Thursday, June 07, 2012

Homemade Laundry Room

I have engaged the famous architect and building firm dwalker235 to find a way to convert part of our garage into a laundry room. They are working on the plan now but have already sketched out the initial design. The only risky part is pulling cooled air from the den. If the room is insulated enough, though, it could work. We'll see how it looks when their super-employee gets back to me.

Speaking of super-employees....

It sounds like the crew is having a good time at Disneyland. Kendall got sick yesterday, but was feeling better last night. Phyllis heads out tomorrow, so I need to get a phone charger to her before she leaves so Kathie can charge her phone. In the old days, we had to use walkie-talkies to find each other in places like that. Now, we all just use our cell phones. I guess walkie-talkies will be the next thing that Lindsay and the other youngsters don't remember (like the phone booths I mentioned the other day).

I finally got the report draft from the programmer and will be testing it today. I've already seen a couple of issues and I have only run it once. At least I have a version to test.

It sounds like Dallas had some ugly weather overnight. So, as I am often reminded, facing high temps is not the worst weather problem we could face. We don't have tornadoes, hurricanes, or tsunamis, but we do have 30+ days of 110+ temps.

Let's all go test our report solutions, OK. I know mine will not pass all tests since I have already seen he did not pull a summary field that I mentioned in my last test plan. Oh well.

No comments: