Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another Day, Another $3.47 Per Gallon of Gas

While the title says it all, it doesn't really say it all. Well, I mean, while we are paying almost $3.50 per gallon of gas, the price has been going down for several weeks. So, I for one will take that over increasing prices.

Mom seems to be doing great in her recuperation. Dad said she is walking a lot and even tied her shoes yesterday, which is a huge no-no after back surgery. No BLT, right(bending, lifting, twisting)? Anyway, it does show remarkable recovery so far.

However, if Star Trek is any indication of things to come, she should not wear a red shirt (Google it if you don't know what I am talking about...and shame on you).


I really was not excited to direct the Chorale at practice last night, but I ended up having fun (as I usually do when I direct). There were a couple of songs that I needed to whomp them upside the head about song rhythms, but there is only so much time you can spend on each song. So, I need to drop Bruce a note about places I think he should work when he returns next week.

I saw the GRANDS for just a few minutes last night and they will be back for swimming tomorrow night. Whoo hoo. While we swim, Lyndsay and my girls will head out for some bathroom remodeling decisions and colors and fixtures and all the other things we want Lynds to help us with. Whoo to the hoo for that, too.

I am hearing sad cries from Microsoft Excel, wanting me to return and do some data analysis. That is just too sad, so I will go give the app some attention. Have a good day.

One addition. After I published my post, I saw this.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

hmmmm...only in cali should they attempt something as crazy as this idea? BUT i must say after being there over fathers day weekend the gas price of $4.65 a gallon? what that just adds another $10 to my allowance money of gas to boost it up to a whopping almost $100 just for gas to get there; of course i will be returning on the 5th of July as it will be the end of my dads radiation treatmenst. as for the deep fried cereal? pat would say just "tho" some green tomatoes in that pan and forget the breakfast idea! of course i would need some ranch dressing to go along with those type veggies...speaking of veggies: they got rid of the deep fried zucchini at marie calendars and replaced them with green beans? i havent been there to the one in cali for years. well gotta run, chow!