Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Sick of Staying Home

I went home early yesterday as I was not feeling well. The house was heating up because our electric rates are 80% higher between 1pm and 8pm (due to the plan we are on). Anyway, being sick plus the heat meant I kept falling asleep all afternoon. So, I was watching some DVR programs, and would miss major portions of them while I slept and had to replay them. One show was replayed 3 times.

Luckily, I feel better today. Plus, I have so much to do at work right now. I had to come in. I am still feeling a touch puny. Is puny the right word? It is. See the definition here.

Kathie did not get home from her school's Open House until 9:30pm. To compensate, they let the teachers report at noon instead of 8am. Today is 8am, and tomorrow is 7:30 and the kids are back. What ever happened to the old "school runs from Labor Day to Memorial Day" standard? I guess we did not learn enough in that many days.

SKS, as far as country music, I would say I like the occasional song, but it is not my genre for daily consumption. I'm normally more of a Golden Oldies from the 60s-70s kind of dude. However, as noted in that post, sometimes, powerful words reach beyond the style of music. I'll check out your suggestions.

Anything else? No? Fine, I guess I will go ahead and prepare the agenda for the 8:30am meeting.

1 comment:

SuzieQ said...

Let me know when you are ready to look at Solar...we are getting commicioned (turned on) within the next week and will let you know how that all works out!! YEash, I did not think you were a big country buff...too bad ;)