Thursday, August 04, 2011

DZNE and TXTing

A friend stopped by just a moment ago and said she hadn't really liked the Home Sick cartoon of a couple of days ago. Of course, I recognize that everyone doesn't like every cartoon. I don't even like all of them equally, and I wrote them. I do file away all the comments anyone send me about them to see which ideas were most popular.

I also have a file of ideas for future CoV cartoons. Some ideas are not fully baked and I need to think what would make them work. Some are ready, but I come up with more topical ideas before I use them. Some ideas are single sentences that I don't have any idea what a comic about them would say, but I liked the concept it could present.

Today's Clarity of Vision is one from the idea file. I placed it there because I had never decided on a good ending. I did not hear anything on the radio that triggered an idea, so I had to fall back on the log and chose an idea I called Speaking in Text. This is what I came up with.

I looked up ZKW's ship yesterday, the USS Stennis. I found that it has been in a number of movies and TV shows. Executive Decision, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, The Sum of all Fears, NCIS, and perhaps most importantly (at least to my family), Soarin' Over California at Disney California Adventure.

Yesterday, I was so busy that I forgot to send out the CoV to my work mailing list. Luckily for you, I do this update first thing in the morning, so I rarely miss sharing the comic strip with you. Or maybe that is unluckily, huh?

OK, I do have my 8:30am call today, and I have not yet created the agenda, so I gots to go. As always, lock up when you leave.

1 comment:

Brenda Walker said...

Thanks for the info on the Stennis. I didn't know that. Now I have to for sure go on that ride in October. And Em is tall enough to go on it too.