Tuesday, August 09, 2011

A Page From History

Yup, I chose a topical reference for both the title of today's post and Clarity of Vision comic. Let's go ahead and see what headline I saw that made me choose this.When I saw that in Yahoo, I knew that is what I would use for CoV today. Check out my Clarity of Vision blog for the other considerations on this comic.

Nothing interesting happened yesterday. It was a normal workday for both Kathie and I. It wasn't anybody's birthday or anniversary (well, it was probably somebody's, but no one that I know). No new re-orgs at work. No car batteries needed to be replaced.

We are on the downhill side of summer. I noticed that our average temperature for this time of year is only 106F. And we are supposed to be 107F or so for the whole week. Unfortunately, our electric utility charges higher rates during July and August, so this is our expensive time of year. We certainly look forward to 8pm when the night rates start and we can cool the house. Until then, we let it get up to 84F in the house. Overnight, we cool the house to 73F until 1pm when the higher rates kick in.

I think I hear the sounds of campers waking up around me, so I'd best head the call of reveille and start my day. I am referring to the bugle call and not the First Lady of the Aggies. Since I will be busy all the way until Taps tonight, we can meet again at sunrise tomorrow.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

So, you didn't make an Aggie reference, but you should have. Always appropriate.