Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Isn't It Friday Yet?

Man, this week is one of those that seems to last forever....

Are you a geek or know someone who is? Like to do your own programming? Check out this history of programming languages.

Like to do your own car repair? Check out this

It appears that both Dallas and PHX will reach 112F today. That is wrong. At least PHX is a little drier and we are not far from our normal. Dallas is really cooking. Good thing I don't try to run several miles each morning. I wonder if any relatives in Dallas are still doing so?

ZKW, we are praying for you and your family during your deployment.

I have decided to continue reporting to my current manager instead of moving with the planned realignment. It does make me a little more susceptible to future layoffs, but gives me more responsibility and opportunities for advancement. I have avoided that to date after the last couple of layoffs at previous employers, but I have prayed about it and feel it is the best choice.

And starting today, my boss is heading out for a family reunion and I will be stepping in for him as we continue the reorg. So, even though I do not have an 8:30am call today, I do have to get a presentation ready for his 10am staff meeting.

That means you have heard the last of me. At least, for today. You haven't heard the last of me as far as meaning no more posts. You are not that lucky. I have things to say, or at least things I will say, as soon as tomorrow. You'll see.

1 comment:

Brenda Walker said...

Thank for your prayers! Thanks for the tidbit about the Stennis too. Makes me love Disneyland even more. If that is even possible