Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Can You Spell Rumours?

Today's Clarity of Vision came about from rumors of a reorg or layoffs or something at work. Thinking of a cartoon led me to contemplate the word rumors, which led me to remember the famous Fleetwood Mac album Rumours from 1977. That had some of my favorite songs on it, such as The Chain (nice harmonies), Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop, You Make Loving Fun. However, that LP has nothing to do with the CoV.
So, how was Memorial Day? We went over to the folks' for swimming, gaming, and eating. You are right. What else is there? Let's see. We played Mad Gab, looked at Backwords, and ended with Quiddler. (Ask Leigh how to pronounce 'Ooh.') I only carried about 30 of the games over for us to choose from. Actually, only some of went over to my parents. Some of us are at Disneyland right now, riding the newly revamped Star Tours.

Another nice thing about the holidays is the reduced traffic. I zoomed in to work today.

I get to cancel today's 8:30am conference call since we were off yesterday and many are off today. Whoo Hoo. I still see the 2pm standing meeting though. Boo Hoo.

OK, my To Do List still shows a deliverable I owe the boss, so I will work on it so I can deliver it this morning. Even if you are at work, let's keep the relaxed attitude our day off gave us, OK? Chillax. We'll visit again the day after the day after a holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm sounds like the game of "musical chairs" to me? played this when i was teaching childrens choir at "valley southern baptist" what a sight it must be to stop the music and find what cubicle you are in? if it doesnt have a chair are you "laid-off"....went to see a movie on memorial day and called my sister in san diego, called cassandra too. normally we would of made hamburgers on the grill along with pats assistance? saturday went up to payson with the sunday school class at tri city. had almost 40 people there & was a pleasant breeze to absorb in...you missed seeing my dad who was in town last weeks practice, he came to listen to the chorale practice along with listening to the concert last sunday. he has heard mark hayes, gary bonner singers. he misses the singing voice as its had a diagosis of yelling too much in the marine corps! i just told him its called " military syndrome" which covers pretty much everything that is sooooo habit forming along with the disipline issue. wish pat were here during that time as he would of witnessed another miracle: dad staying here for more than 3 days? i can hear his laughter in the car when i think of something he might of said ....was truly a God sent man to be in my life although such a short time, he taught me how to laugh! well better run as have to do some errands before lunch rolls around. see you sunday! (patch