Wednesday, May 04, 2011

A Shocking Wednesday

Well, the day itself may not be so shocking, but the device mentioned in today's CoV certainly is.And yes, I did hear that exact quote on the radio this morning. They said she started throwing parties "after two stalkers forced her to buy one." Hilarious quote. I started laughing when I heard it.

Someone asked me yesterday how I get anything done when I attend so many meetings. I guess it balances out with days like today, where I only have one. It does require some preparation, though, so I will do that first before I update some department slides the boss needs by the end of today.

The batteries in my mouse died a couple of days ago, but they have not provided new ones yet. No, I am not going to bring in my own. I will teach them a lesson and continue using the old Dell mouse. Ha ha. The jokes is on them.

The new accompanist was at Chorale practice last night. She did really well, since much of the time, she was sightreading. Hey, that's a funny word. I mean, what are the alternatives to reading by sight? Braille? I guess maybe you can read a book by listening to a book on tape. Anyway, she is Albanian and had quite an interesting story, although it did not include mention of a conversion experience. I hope the choir can help her see the need for Christ in her heart. She grew up speaking Albanian, so how is it that she plays the piano in English?

Kathie has decided to get some new glasses. Hers are not displaying things as clearly as they used to, and since it has been four years or so, it is time. Maybe we can have cute little matching glasses?

Well, folks, my mind is tired after that stream of consciousness paragraph above. I am going to let it cool off while I do my regular work. It'll be recharged and ready again tomorrow morning, so check back and see what nonsense I publish then. See you.

No comments: