Thursday, May 12, 2011

Five Hundred And Counting

We made it, my friends. Today marks the five-hundredth Clarity of Vision cartoon. Remember back when we started? I downloaded the Visio cartoon template thinking I could do it for a week or so. Sometimes, I have ideas that are hard to do because I am not an artist and must use the stock figures in the tool. Sometimes, I have no ideas and am scrambling to create that day's comic strip. However, I don't think I have missed writing one when I am in the office. Only when I am sick, or on vacation, or whatever else might keep me away from the office. I only have Visio available when I am in the office on the company network.

Hey, check out #500 right now.

I was excelling all day yesterday. Well, sure, I did excel in what I was doing, but I was also using Microsoft Excel to do it. Notice how I used the same word to imply both concepts? Don't you wish you were this creative?

Let's see. Two meetings today, one of which is the usual Thursday 8:30am. In that meeting, we discuss why some project milestones are overdue, what will the Project manager do to get them completed, and what impact is there on the project Due Date and the organization as a whole. Sounds fun, right? Yeah, it is not the best way to start off each Thursday, but it does show them that management is watching what we do.

A friend sent me a clever church sign this morning. Honk if you love Jesus ... Text while driving if you want to meet Him! Well, I thought it was funny.

Did I mention we played some Clue:The Card Game on Sunday? I think either Kyle or Lyndsay won every hand. Casey and I were skunked.

I know that some of you struggle to stay with the post if I write too much, so let's stop while you are ahead. Come on. You know I will say more again tomorrow. See you then.

No comments: