Monday, May 16, 2011

Summer's Almost Here

How can you tell when summer starts? Is temperature the signal? Once it reaches 100F, is it summer? Well, we have a cool front approaching and by Wednesday, our high will only be 79F. Is it by vacation scheduling? We've still got over four weeks before ours happens. Is it by date? Is it June 1? Is it the end of school, whenever that falls? For us, with so many teachers in the family, I would say it is the end of the school year. So, less than two weeks before we reach summer.

So, would you buy one of those cheap cruises you see advertised? I don't think I would feel comfortable doing that? If something happened, we'd be out some serious bucks. Today's CoV explores the world of grey products.

No Chorale concert this past weekend. That is two weekends in a row. There is one coming up this next weekend, though. Still, it was kind of nice. However, I had to work on my upcoming CAPM Study Group presentation. I have to present it to the group leaders on Thursday. I am not yet decided on what fun activity will work. I have heard that the Jeopardy format is available, but I don't know how Quality Management flows for that.

Four meetings today, so I may not have time at work to decide on a game. Hey, speaking of games, we did have a Game Night at KLIK's house on Friday. We did not play Waterworks because it looked complicated and time consuming. We did not play Ticket To Ride, either. Again, we started late and so, wanted something a little shorter in duration. We played some Picture Perfect and then, Clue Suspect, the Hasbro card game. And I performed an inventory of our game closet and found we have 54 games right now, 34 of which are card games. I need to work on the list and rank them based on family preference. I would say that, overall, Bang! The Bullet might rank as # 1, although that is more fun with several players and when you have time. Right now, Monopoly Deal and Clue Suspects are the most frequently played.

Did you watch the shuttle liftoff this morning? We did, too. Did you watch the Survivor finale last night? We did, too. Did you watch the season finale (series finale?) of CSI:NY? Well, we didn't yet, so don't tell us about it. Did you hear that next year may be the series finales of House and Chuck? That's what Alison told me.

I hope that none, or at least only a few, of our relatives in central Louisiana are impacted by the Mississippi flood this week. Dad heard that Uncle Poo's "fish camp" will probably be flooded out. That was such a fun place when we visited last summer.

OK, between talking about games and thinking about my presentation and a couple of questions from coworkers, I am already getting distracted. And you know, with my b-r-a-n-e power, that does not take much. So, stop by tomorrow for more useless chit chat.

No comments: