Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Are You Weathering the Weather?

Well, we got our oldest granddaughter all "gradiated" from pre-K. They held a little program where they presented four songs and then donned their caps and gowns and got their diplomas (FYI: To don is put on [an item of clothing]). We then had a light meal, including Lyndsay's desserts, and let the kids play a bit. It was a nice ceremony and evening. I did miss Chorale practice, but that happens sometimes.

I took Kyle my dark suit for another interview on Friday. Keep him in your prayers.


I did not know I was going to mention the President until I started writing the cartoon. I needed something against which to balance the lovable buffoon that would not be expected. Then, I thought of the Where's Your Mama, Obama name and I knew it had to be him. This does not imply I think he is a buffoon nor that I think everything works out in spite of him. I just needed a clever foil (FYI: A foil is a character who serves as a contrast to another perhaps more primary character, so as to point out specific traits of the primary character).

You know, every geographic area has something that makes it a tiny bit less desirable, huh? The heartland has tornado season, the northwest has the rain, the northeast has the winter, and the southwest has the summer. I guess I will brave 115F+ temps to avoid these early summer storms and violent weather.

I forgot to get my lunch out of the fridge. And I forgot to get some of the banana bread for breakfast. That is why I plan things out each night. I am not the most coherent in the mornings. (FYI: To be coherent is to be capable of consistent thought or expression).

So, how were your English lessons this morning? I hope we both learned something. Maybe tomorrow, we can just visit without the educational intrusions?

3 comments:

Lewis said...

You, sir, are a veritable walking dictionary. I just thought of a dumb question. If a foil is as you described, would the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz be considered a Tin Foil?

CrazyUncle said...

Oh, cuz. I guess there is no accounting for taste. You have fallen into a common trap. No, it turns out that the Tin Man is in the story to test the mettle of the protagonist, Dorothy.

Craig Weeks said...

You two deserve each other.