Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another Acronym?

What business doesn't run on acronyms? And even if the company itself doesn't create the acronyms, each of our respective industries has enough that they make their way into our daily discussions. So, the last two days have had cartoons with group names that sound like a common English word when you pronounce their acronyms. Today continues that trend.
Of course, you suspected that I would move from C.O.O.L and H.O.T. to something in between, right? Starting with the letter L led me to make it a legal group name, meaning the name of a group from the Legal department. I did try to find a good name spelled as LUKEWARM, but the K and then E made it more challenging. I toyed with Legal Union Keeping Every Writ and Registry Manageable, but it didn't flow for me. And I am sure that you saw I dropped a Biblical reference in the third panel?

OK, I am 70% through with creating my Jeopardy game. There are no references to retiring in it, but there is a lot of other stuff. I think I am 70% finished because coming up with the categories, answers, and questions is 50% of the effort. Refining the Powerpoint slides and format constitutes about 10% and that is done, which leaves me with 40% to do. I have entered 3 of the 6 columns on the first Jeopardy slide and still have 3 on Jeopardy and 6 on Double Jeopardy to do, so I have completed 1/4 of the entry, which would be about 10%. Hence, 70%. I have until 1pm to complete the game and review my material training slides. I am sure I will make it.

The GRANDS are coming over tonight for dinner and a visit while their parents attend a wedding. Then, tomorrow night, they come back and spend the night with Nana and Pops. We've got some games, maybe swimming if the pool is warm enough, maybe catch a movie Saturday afternoon. We'll have fun, for sure.

I can't think of anything else to bore you with. Not that anything I say is ever boring. Then again, it's not really exciting, either. Don't tell me it is lukewarm?

OK, thanks for sticking with me till the end. I will be in the office tomorrow, so that means CoV will be here, too. Drop by and see where it takes us.

No comments: