Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Toasty Tuesday

Well, it is not supposed to be the hottest day of this week. Tomorrow is. Still, 97F is getting up there. Our average high for today is 90F. While we do not often have the types of storms that have been rolling through the central plains, we pay for it by getting so stinking hot.

I have long wondered what made people colonizing the country stop here. they must have come though in Jan or Feb when it is so comfortable and not too cold. Speaking of lessons learned from our forefathers.

I am already thinking that I may have to increase the monthly amount of texts we can send. We are finding that one text sent may then have two or more replies by the time you finish covering the original topic. I chose the 250 texts per month plan. The next level up allows 500 texts per month for another $5.

Did I mention that I had to work in the nursery with Kathie during church on Sunday? We were in the 1-2 year old room, although they allowed Kendall to stay in there with us. Whew, that girl can talk. So, I mostly played with her while Kathie watched the other four.

Four meetings today in three different buildings. That means that I will lose my covered parking spot when I go to the first offsite meeting at 10am. Boo.

I ordered some batteries for my Apple Magic Mouse, but they have not come in yet. So, I have to use my old Dell corded mouse for now. If they are going to make me use this Mac Pro at the office, at least they should keep my tools functional, right? And no, I have not made a decision yet about a computer at home.

Well, I learned from my forefathers that anything worth doing is worth doing well. So, I need to get ready for the 8:30am meeting so it will flow well. You should get ready for your stuff as well. I hope everything is going well for each of you. That's enough usage of the word 'well', don't you think? See you soon.

2 comments:

Zachary said...

Well, I made it by your blog today. Enjoyed the CoV! I am off for the Pacific again tomorrow, so I won't see you for a bit, have fun while I'm away! My word verification was SWINEPAR, made me chuckle!

Anonymous said...

"well, well, well...." were often used by me when pat would have some off the wall comment of how he thought someone looked when he heard their voice? he was always surprised when i described how they really looked! "well" tone of voice at times was pretty comical to hear what is response would be; of course in the restarant was always halariously funny as he talked so loud at times i would have to shush him...."well" Mothers day thoughts? since pats not hear i chose to ask the girls to cook something hear at the house....yes, they will have free rein of the kitchen? I wonder what "bin ladens" mother thinks of her son....no reason to ever see this guy on the streets of gold. can you imagine hell when he steps foot on the ground? satan is saying: well done "thy faithful servant" you are the general here now & you deserve a metal...some thoughts have been racing thru my mind as this terrible mans wrath wrecked thousands....his reward? a crown in the city of darkness...well enough thoughts for the day. (patch