Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Not L.U.K.E.W.A.R.M.

It don't often include multi-day arcs in my daily comic strip. However, my original idea for yesterday's C.O.O.L. included a competing organization called H.O.T., so let's start the day with today's CoV.
Whew! My allergies have been acting up in recent days. That is one of the few saving graces of our hot, dry summers. Allergies are reduced. Anyway, I felt some issues while singing last night at East Valley Chorale practice. Yes, I could sing, but I felt my range was impacted and could not hold notes as long before running out of air. Hopefully, I will be OK for our concerts Sunday. Yes, we have reached the summer season when we focus more on nursing homes and care centers. So, we sing about 8 songs at two different locations every other Sunday starting at 2pm and 3:30pm.

In case you wondered, and even if you did not, I decided to go with a Jeopardy format for my Study Group this coming Monday. I also toyed with either So You Want To Be a Millionaire, and $20000 Pyramid, but Jeopardy (I call it Jeoparty in my Powerpoint deck to avoid legal issues) allows me to ask the most questions (51 counting Jeoparty, Double Jeoparty, and Final Jeoparty). So now, I am defining my questions and separating them into categories. Here's a sample: As a direct result of Deming's work overseas, the Deming Prize is offered by this country. If they don't know the answer, I give them four hints (because the CAPM test will actually offer the four choices anyway). So, they can answer directly or go to the four choices. They are Germany, France, England, and Japan. Yes, of course, the answer is Japan.

Did anyone see the season finale of CSI:NY? It definitely looked as if they were wrapping up the show for good. It has now been renewed, so I guess they will have to do something like that again at the end of next season.

I found out that, if you drop your electric razor, it comes apart. Even though I reassembled the parts, it no longer worked. So, I had to replace it last night and I look much less shaggy at work today. So, don't drop yours.

Only one meeting today, but it is at the other building. Gross. So, I need to create the agenda, and then drive over, find a parking place, meet (well into lunch time), drive back, eat a later lunch, and then do my Study Group presentation. Oh, the life of an IT dude.

OK, I guess I need to start doing my IT stuff, so y'all go do your Accounting or Retiring or Architecting or Preaching or Teaching or whatever stuff you do. TTFN.

2 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Oh! Oh! Has "Retiring" been taken yet, Alex?

Anonymous said...

such quotes: when a child writing to my dad when he was out in the field somewhere away from home....my mom would always write on the back of her letters "s.w.a.k." i bet if you asked a kid now days they would not even know what this is? of course the world of "texting" i dont know this "speaking in tongues" language! yes, the allergies are letting it be known that we cant medicate everything? chow...have to run. (patch