Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two Choir Practices in a Week

It turns out that Dad is still sick, so he called and asked if I could lead choir practice at his church last night. They are performing four songs on Easter Sunday and could not afford to cancel practice. So, I picked up Mom and took her to practice with me. It was a good rehearsal. They are very close on all four songs, and should be ready after next Wednesday's practice.

Then, I went home and watched Boston Rob act as a general with his team on Survivor. Kyle says he may stop watching it if they ever vote Rob off. I will admit that he is good TV.

Speaking of not being involved if a team member leaves, what about the churn in a team if the Project Manager leaves? What about after three PMs have left? No, this is not based on any particular project. I am just using it as a forum for the twist in the final panel.

Hmm. I have a cryptic message from my boss in email today. He wants me to call him as soon as I get in due to some redirection now that our Sr. Director left the company. He sent me a couple of photos from the white board where they planned the new strategy, but I cannot make heads or tails out of it. Wow. Can you imagine what a mess something must be if you cannot make heads or tails out of it? I can almost always recognize that something is a head or is a tail. Sorry. I went off on a tangent. Anyway, I will call him soon.

He also says that he will join me mid-morning and that we have much to request. His final comment is that the "first round was excellent." I guess that means my day will now be rearranged. OK, that sounds like fun.

I guess I should get ready for my 8:30am conference call and then call my boss. Or maybe I should do that in the opposite order? No, I am close to having the meeting agenda ready, so I will complete that first.

Well, enough waffling. (Mmm... Waffles.) If I stop talking to you and get after it, I can have the agenda ready in 10 minutes. Let's see how I do. You can stay and watch or go have waffles for breakfast before starting your day. (Mmm... Waffles). See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

The Grandparents said...

I may stop watching Survivor if Rob stays on. It is now too predictable. The cult leader tells his followers what to do, and they do it without question. Now, if the next reward is Kool-Aid, that will increase my interest.

Zachary said...

I have never watched Survivor, but I did once work with a guy named Rob. I may work with one now, but I wouldn't know, we only use last names in this dern Navy!