Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Full 40 Hours

That's right. We've got to work a full 40 hours this week. The week following a shortened workweek always seems longer, doesn't it?

We sight-read a couple of new songs last night at East Valley Chorale practice. That is always fun. And, Bruce told us that he has hired a new accompanist. I will miss the skill of the interim pianist, but I am sure the new person will learn quickly and soon become part of the Chorale family.

Only one meeting today. That is good timing, because I have to focus on finishing the training materials by tomorrow so I can begin the review cycles on Friday.

I just got a message that my work email box is almost full. I need to go in an clean it up right after we finish here. OK, fine. You caught me. I left for a few minutes trying to see how to find the size of my Outlook mailbox on a Mac. You cannot really do it. So, I'll have to launch the Windows version in an emulator to see how I am doing. Enough about that, though.

Kathie still has a toothache. The problem is that our dentist doesn't open until 7am and closes by 4pm, so it is tough for a teacher to schedule a visit. Kathie usually schedules cleanings during Christmas break and summer. An unplanned toothache is a pain to handle, in many ways.

I should reach the 500 cartoon mark two weeks from today. Some have suggested that I republish some of the early ones since a large number of my readers joined since I started on March 19, 2009. Maybe. We'll see. That could be a little boring for some of you who have been loyal followers for the past two years.

One benefit to arriving at the crack of dawn is that I can capture a covered parking spot during the warmer summer months. Today is the first day I took advantage of this opportunity. It will only reach 90F today, but should be at 97F tomorrow. However, if I have to drive to another building for a meeting, I know my spot will be taken before I return.

Well, I am anxious to get to my mailbox cleanup so that my ability to send and receive messages will not be impacted. It is Spring, so you could do a bit of Spring cleaning yourself. Wear a dust mask and let's visit more tomorrow.

No comments: