Monday, April 04, 2011

A New Electronic Favorite

Last week, I mentioned that we were not going to have game night over the weekend. I was wrong. We did hold it on Saturday night. Whoo hoo. You know that I love game nights. Surprisingly, though, an iPad (also available for iPod) game was the hit of the night. It is called InReverse and we laughed like crazy while playing it, even if it was our turn to listen only. One person goes elsewhere and records an a Capella snippet of a song. Then, their opponent hears it backwards. If they cannot guess the song, then the game plays the song in reverse in 2-3 short sections and the opponent sings back what they hear. Once all pieces are recorded, it plays the opponent's version in its entirety in normal first-to-last format and they try to guess. Let me tell you, it can be challenging. Lyndsay sang the Tiki Room song and, even at the end, I was not sure what I (and she) had sung. Just think of listening to "Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki room" in reverse.

We also played Clue the Card Game and Ticket to Ride (the train card game). We skipped playing Do Over because it was late and at one point, the rules say "You pick up all the discarded cards...." Maybe next time. And we'll also need a longer time to play Titanic, the Board Game. I hope it's not Titanic, the BORED game.

Let's exercise your mind now with today's Clarity of Vision.

We had a Chorale concert yesterday, but the folks skipped out due to illness. It went well, but the room was a little warm.

Three meetings today, so not too bad. They are all in the afternoon, so I've got this morning to prepare.

No, I did not finish my taxes yet. I worked on them some on Friday night, but spent Sat cleaning and straightening and gaming. Then, yesterday was churching and singing.

OK, I've heard that Friday's post was a little long, so I'll end now and give you back your day. I'll probably say something worthwhile tomorrow, so stop by. No guarantees, though.

No comments: